OPPOSE SENATE BILL 277 TO REMOVE NON-MEDICAL
VACCINE EXEMPTIONS IN CALIFORNIA
California needs to urgently mobilize to oppose SB 277, a bill that would remove all non-medical exemptions to vaccinations. SB 277 affects almost all children and withholds education from them by forcing them into medical procedures that may not be appropriate for all children.
Do you have contacts — Facebook, e-list, or just a regular database? Are you connected to any celebs or spokespersons with a wide audience? HELP spread this petition! Proponents of SB277 delivered a petition with 32,000 signatures of support yesterday at a press conference….Here is our opportunity to match that or ideally beat it. Currently, we have almost 24,000 signatures, so let’s make a huge push Friday–Sunday to get to over 30,000. Please don’t hesitate; we must act now to get this petition up to 50,000 signatures this weekend. After you and your spouse have signed, commit to share with at least 20 of your friends and family this weekend, and ask them to share widely! Petition signatures will be delivered early next week.
CALL and FAX the Governor!
1) You have DEEP concerns about SB277 and are strongly opposed to it.
2) Why this is personal to you: a vaccine reaction in someone you know, harassment, etc.
3) SB 277 would deny unvaccinated or partially unvaccinated children equal access to a public education in California.
4) This is discrimination against all parents who don’t want to vaccinate but who can’t or don’t want to home school.
5) California law requires a public education for all children, so SB 277 violates existing law.
6) SB 277 violates the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act which requires that parents be informed of risks and make a voluntary decision – if parents are being coerced by having a public education removed from them they are not giving voluntary informed consent.
7) Unless legislators intend to enforce a total police state whereby all people are segregated according to vaccine status for church, movie theaters, grocery stores, malls, libraries, museums, sporting events, all public transportation, restaurants, playgrounds, and children’s play-dates, SB 277 discriminates against children.
8) Unless legislators intend to require all adults to be vaccinated against all so-called “vaccine preventable diseases” or to provide proof of immunity thereof, SB 277 discriminates against children.
9) Unless legislators intend to require all visitors to the state of California to be vaccinated against all so-called “vaccine preventable diseases” or to provide proof of immunity thereof, SB 277 discriminates against children.
10) Your body and your children’s bodies do not belong to the state. You want to be free to choose how you nourish and keep yourselves healthy. This bill takes away the right to informed consent to vaccination for our children. You are pro-information and pro-civil rights.
15) Most of the vaccines given today are for diseases that are either rare or mild. For example, there have been no deaths from measles during the last 10 years, but 108 deaths reported after the MMR vaccine during the same time period.
16) It is immoral to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, or anything for that matter, even more so when that product could injure or kill them.
17) There are many other ways to stay healthy: a healthy diet, adequate rest, sunshine and exercise, etc. without any risk of vaccine injury.
18) If we mandate vaccines, will we also mandate other medical procedures, such as fetal ultrasound, mammograms and colonoscopy? Will we dictate medical procedures based on genetic testing? Will we have a medical police to determine whether someone can leave the house with a cough?
20) There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
23) Existing California law (AB 2109 Pan) required consultation with a doctor before receiving a personal exemption has been in effect for only one year. In this time there has been a 20% reduction in parents seeking a personal exemption (opt out rate dropped from 3.15% to 2.5%). If the goal is to increase the number of children vaccinated, then we need do nothing more than let the existing law work. Taking the unjustified and intrusive step of eliminating a parent’s right to exercise informed consent when making medical decisions for their children and potentially harm ANY child for the “greater good” is unwarranted, unconstitutional and un-American.
24) A few people have reported to coordinators in California that they have met with their senators and assembly members or their staff, in person, either in their offices or in the field. After hearing the personal stories, seeing the kids and being told that this bill means there is no way out, they are very surprised. They are also surprised if you tell them that there are many other parents and pediatricians that are afraid of giving their real names, because they are scared they are going to be targeted. They really don’t get the implications of the bill. So please make a trip to their offices this week – if possible, on Thursday or Friday as they are more likely to be there in person. Put it in your calendar so you don’t forget. If you have gone and have a partner, grandparent or someone else that can also go in, please have them do that. Representative info can be found at the bottom of the Against SB277 website: http://www.sb277.org/when-how-becoming-a-law.html
Thanks for taking action!